Your Gyoza will always be the star of the show, but this Sesame & Ginger Pickled Slaw is the perfect side!
- Red Cabbage
- White Cabbage
- Sushi Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Salt
- Spring Onions
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Shred the cabbages, & place in a bowl. Mix them up to evenly distribute both colours.
- Dice a generous heap of Sushi Ginger, and mix into the bowl of cabb.
- Prepare your marinade by mixing equal parts Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Lemon Juice & Sesame Oil. How much you use, depends on how much cabb you're working with. Start with 50ml of each, and add more if you think you need it.
- Be sure to mix 1 tbs of sugar and salt into the marinade.
- Pour the marinade onto the cabb, and mix well. I recommend gloving up, and really getting in there. Give it a mix from me while you're at it!
- Cover, and leave in the fridge for minimum 3 hours, ideally 24 hours+.
- If you can remember to give it a mix/shake once or twice during marination, you'll be onto a winner.
- Mix again before topping & top with diced Spring Onions, thinly sliced Cucumber & a generous helping of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- Serve with Gyoza & enjoy!